- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) invites applications for Centers of Research Translation (CORTs) (P50). It is expected that a CORT will be translational in nature, directed at elucidating the relevance of basic research to human disease in an area within the NIAMS mission. Two major features of the CORT program include: 1) the overarching aim of disease-specific research translation, and 2) the inclusion of resources and an administrative structure to facilitate research translation.
- The funding of four new grants is anticipated.
- Up to $6 million in total costs (Direct costs plus Facilities and Administrative costs) may be awarded in support of this solicitation.
- Eligible organizations will generally be an organizational unit within a university -affiliated medical center and may include:
- For-profit organizations
- Non-profit organizations
- Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories
- Units of State government
- Units of local government
- Eligible agencies of the Federal government
- Domestic Institutions
- Foreign Institutions are not eligible to apply
- A principal investigator may submit only one application.
- Eligible principal investigators include individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research and to work with their institutions t o develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- General application instructions are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format.
- Application instructions and materials specific to the P50 grant mechanism are available at http://www.niams.nih.gov/rtac/funding/grants/centers_programs.htm#P50.
- For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone (301) 435-0714, Email: GrantsInfo@nih.gov.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster